Breaking News

Cat’s urine on laptop may have sparked house fire Down Under

Melbourne, July 6 (ANI): Australian investigators are probing into the possibility whether a cat could have sparked a fire that has nearly destroyed a house in Gold Coast by urinating on a laptop.

Police said that two teenage boys were in their home when the blaze began in the corner of one of two bedrooms in the Royal Pines Golf Resort at Benowa.

Initial investigations were thought to have traced the fire to a laptop computer in the two-storey rented house, reports the Courier Mail.

The lads, aged 16 and 18, told cops that the pet cat had been let out of the house early in the morning, but managed its way back into one of the rooms and urinated on a laptop.

The teens evacuated the house after being put on alert by the smoke alarms.

The 16-year-old was taken to the Gold Coast Hospital as a precaution after he suffered mild smoke inhalation.

Meanwhile, the emergency services spokeswoman said that investigations into the incident were to continue. (ANI)

About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*