Breaking News

Ram Vilas Paswan’s residence catches fire

New Delhi, May 13 (ANI): Fire broke out at the official residence of Union Steel, Chemicals and Fertilizers Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on Wednesday.

Although none was injured in the mishap that broke out at his Janpath residence in New Delhi, several household items including cupboards, antique statues, furniture items including sofa sets and chairs were destroyed in fire.

“At around 11.30 a.m, people started shouting about the fire. My servants rushed to me and asked me to get out from the house. My security personnel and locals from nearby quarters rushed in and tried to douse the fire…then the water tenders of fire brigade arrived and brought the fire under control,” said Paswan.

Paswan was watching television with his wife and family members when he was informed about the mishap by some people living in the nearby quarters.

“Outsiders informed us of the fire, our main concern was to save lives of our family members. There was a lot of chaos as the fire was massive. Even our hands were not clearly visible. You can just make out the extent of loss incurred in this mishap,” said Chirag Paswan, son of Ram Vilas Paswan.

The fire reportedly broke out from an air conditioner installed in the drawing room.

Two fire brigades managed the fire within half-an-hour. (ANI)

About admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *