Multiplexes today reopened advance booking for Shah Rukh Khan’s new film ‘My Name Is Khan’, a day after suspending it, following Maharashtra government’s assurance to provide adequate security to cinema theatres here.
“Advance booking of ‘My Name..’ has started again after police intervened in the matter and ensured tight security to all theatres,” Minister of State for Home Ramesh Bagwe told reporters.
Despite the government assurance of providing security to cinema halls screening the movie which releases on February 12, some multiplexes had closed advance bookings yesterday, fearing violent protest from Shiv Sena.
“As per law, compensation for damaging the properties (of theatres) would be sought from Sena, if required,” Bagwe said.
Police have arrested over 1,200 Shiv Sainiks, some of them office-bearers, since yesterday after they stepped up protest against the film over the actor’s ‘Pakistan -players-for IPL-3’ remarks last month.