Mumbai, May 13 (ANI): A fourth eyewitness in the Mumbai terror attack case on Wednesday testified before the special court that Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving gunman, had revealed his age as 21 on November 26.
Assistant Police Inspector (API) Pandurang Gavade, who had taken down personal information from Kasab, said the injured Kasab was taken to Nair Hospital after the shootout at Girgaum Chowpatty.
“The injured person told me that he was from Faridkot in Pakistan and his name was Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab. He also gave his age as 21,” the witness told special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam.
“I passed these details to the D B Marg police station over telephone,” he added.
Gavade said he had taken Kasab’s associate terrorist, Abu Ismail, to Nair Hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Another witness was Sanjay Jadhav, who had drawn up a ‘panchanama’. He was also examined to prove that API Sanjay Govilkar was injured in the shootout by the terrorists at Chowpatty.
Govilkar was the second eyewitness in the case, who had identified Kasab on Tuesday.
He told a special court that Kasab had fired at him and ASI Tukaram Omble at Girgaum Chowpatty on November 26 last year.
“While Omble fell to bullets fired from AK-47 rifle by Kasab, I sustained a bullet injury in the waist,” API Govilkar had told judge M L Tahaliyani.
Earlier, Police Sub-Inspector Bhaskar Kadam identified the AK-47 rifle that was used by Kasab.
Earlier, the court had charged Kasab with waging war against India. Eighty-six charges, including common and individual were framed against Kasab by the special court. He was also charged under the Explosives Act and the Arms Act. (ANI)