Melbourne, July 13 (ANI): Nirvana’s ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ has been voted as the best song of all time in a new poll.
The song sung by late Kurt Cobain has topped Triple J’s ‘Hottest 100 of All Time’ list.
Two more songs from Nirvana’s 1992 groundbreaking album Nevermind, ‘Come As You Are’ and ‘Lithium’, made it to the top 100, at 40th and 74th positions, respectively.
‘Killing in the Name’ by metal band Rage Against the Machine (RATM) came second, followed by ‘Hallelujah’ by Jeff Buckley at the third.
‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’ by Joy Division and ‘Paranoid Android’ by Radiohead wrapped up the top five.
“After all these years that scream hasn’t diminished one bit,” News.com.au quoted Triple J’s Richard Kingsmill of Kurt Cobain’s searing voice after broadcasting the winner.
Nirvana was out ahead for much of the vote, Kingsmill added.
The top ten ‘Hottest 100 of All Time’ are:
1. Smells Like Teen Spirit, Nirvana
2. Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine
3. Hallelujah, by Jeff Buckley
4. Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division
5. Paranoid Android by Radiohead
6. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
7. Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley
8. Under The Bridge by Red Hot Chili Peppers
9. Everlong by Foo Fighters
10. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin (ANI)